Monday, April 20, 2009

It's ourselves whom we conquer.

What's up? I just did a lil' bit on math. The prelims are just 9 days away and I don't feel like I've started revision when I did quite a lot already. I can still remember quite a lot from the various topics taught last year. But still, I can't be complacent. I gotta work hard towards my dream and that is to roam the world with the person I love. I'm gonna have to be super loaded with cash, knowledge and be street smart. 

But sometimes, I wonder if I would ever have the guts to leave for another country without my parents. Other than overseas camps, I haven't been far away from their sight. To me, they are not just parents but my best friends whom I can fully rely on. I love it that they're are always so understanding and they hardly ever raise their voices unless they hit the roof to the max. Anyway, I have to start to learn to be self-reliant. I'll leave with the first few words by Edmund Hilary when he reached on top of Mount Everest. 

He said, "It's not the mountains we conquer, but ourselves."   



Love, Jazreel

No comments: