Friday, August 22, 2008

My Story. (Fiction)

Write about a time when you had to wait in hope for a miracle to happen.

Every mother's wish is to watch their own child lead a normal life-growing up happily and most of all healthily. Dad has left my mother and I for almost six years. The doctors found a tumour near my dad's heart and that took his live. Ever since, Mum and I had got over the fact that Dad was gone and he would never come back. We learnt to be independent and rely on each other as time past. Everything had been well, until one very day, destiny greedily changed its mind...

It has already been more than four years that I had beem relying on a machine, This machine would help me live for as long as I could take this pain. Every session would be torturing... I was diagnosed with kidney failure. During one of these sessions, I was lucky enough to be able to watch my mum at a distance, speaking to the doctors. I could see her trying to hold her tears back. My mum had became fatigued from all the stress from work. She had to earn more money for my treatments, Her hair had lost its natual colour. It is whiter than before and the huge eyebag beneath her eye showed that she had not slept for nights since the day. Everyday would be more worries and more stress for her. This was heart-wrenching but I was glad. I could clearly see how much I meant to her, how much pain she had went through just for me. However, I could not do much as I was too weak to. I felt like a huge burden.

Like normal children do, I would go to school and study in the morning. I had hoped to be a doctor so I could save many other lives. However, my hopes had shattered. How am I supposed to save others when I couldn't even save mine? I could not run and play like the other children do. I would usually sit alone at a corner and watch them play at a distance. Doctors told me I cannot perspire much as I would lose much water and if I were to consume too much, my feet would swell and hurt. This was torturing but I knew I had to not only help myself but my mum as well. I would not want her to get too worried, she might lose her job and that would be terrible.

My name had been on that list for years. I had not thought I would be waiting for this long. I hope for just one kind sympathetic soul to just come forward and my live could be saved with his kidney, but this was just a wish. I had waited for years and all hopes had gone. There was no news, not even one. I am truly disappointed but there was nothing much I could do. I have to learn to be independent as I knew my mum would not be here for me for my entire life.

On the 3rd of July, it was my birthday and also the best day in my entire life. I woke up to find a new lease in life. I received news that a donor has came foward. Tears filled my eyes as I received the wonderful news. I knew that would not have to leave with this pain anymore.

Jazreel.

No comments: